Snow Rose Games
Hello! It looks like you are not logged in or registered. Please log in or register now.

When Passion and Fun Meet

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 10 on Wed May 20, 2015 1:24 am
Latest topics
» A Bug on Ma'am Dora's House
Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:47 am by Jaorens

» How do you kill boredom?
Mon May 11, 2015 4:28 am by Jaorens

» Most valued items?
Mon May 11, 2015 4:26 am by Jaorens

» The secret behind your username!
Mon May 11, 2015 4:21 am by Jaorens

» Continue the story game!
Mon May 11, 2015 4:15 am by Jaorens

» The Person Below Me
Mon May 11, 2015 3:06 am by Jaorens

» Spoil the wish above you!
Mon May 11, 2015 3:03 am by Jaorens

» Hi! Jaorens' here. =D
Mon May 11, 2015 2:57 am by Jaorens

» Iceart Search
Mon May 11, 2015 2:54 am by Jaorens

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Similar topics

Share | 

Birth of Game/Story/Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PonderingOver

PostSubject: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:46 am

Heya guys! Pondering is back with his cool topics. Cool

This is a question to you writers and game makers out there Very Happy (but anyone who crafts ideas can join too Razz)

So how do you get your best ideas? Very Happy Writers, where did that latest cool story come from?! Game makers, how do you make your games?! Very Happy

I am not a writer or a game maker but I do like imagination Razz I have a lot of ideas that don't really find a place to be put XP I should contact Miss Nile sometime to use them and make me famous Cool Cool

So what about you good folks?! king king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laglag

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:32 pm

same here. My galactic intellect would probably be the main source.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irenefaye

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:16 am

I got my idea from everything I guess
It could be from people passing by, games, comic books, songs, etc etc

even the most mundane thing in the world can always be turned into an interesting idea, all you need are the nerve to work on it ...
unfortunately having an idea and developing them are different area entirely *thus my writing block*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PonderingOver

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:32 am

irenefaye wrote:

unfortunately having an idea and developing them are different area entirely *thus my writing block*

Oooh that's so? scratch I always thought writers have writer's block because they can't find ideas though Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irenefaye

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:49 pm

Well some writer have problem on getting an inspiration for a new story--but that mostly just a problem if u want to develope a new story

When u already have the storyline lai& in front of u... Developing them will always be tricky.
Raw idea without proper development can always end up as a stale story no matter how good it sound in ur mind when u first get it. So yeah it also become the reason of most wirters block
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PonderingOver

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Aha...So developing a story is different from the idea itself that's nice Very Happy

Ok question but what form do ideas usually appear in form of? Like do you get an idea for a complete plot or just random scenes? cause I get the latter and I have no idea what to do with those Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMilkyWay

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:48 pm

I usually get my ideas in form of characters actually, random scenes...things like that. I find it useful to keep a Word file with all the random ideas that I get. I don't write nor make games, but it's quite fun to write down the random things your mind produces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irenefaye

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:50 am

PonderingOver wrote:
Aha...So developing a story is different from the idea itself that's nice Very Happy

Ok question but what form do ideas usually appear in form of? Like do you get an idea for a complete plot or just random scenes? cause I get the latter and I have no idea what to do with those Razz

I think it'll always appear as random scenes never a complete plot *I once get a scene from a middle of the story and how it end, or the beginning of it and how the story goes--but never a complete plot from the beginning to the end, and rarely on the right order.
Some time I even got glimpse of scene from two completely different story, and have a headache on whether I should develop one of them or both of them.. Which is also the reason I end up with writing nothing.

well, to create a story you really should connect one glimpse of story to another.

Let's just see it this way:
In my case I'm listening to a song ...
for example ... King and Lionheart from of Monster & Men
I got this scene of a powerful guy with a lady knight beside him. Their relationship are of master and the protector, and although the powerful guy have a fond feeling toward his knight, the lady have only respect and protective sense toward him. 

Then I watch the "MERLIN" the BBC series
and I got the beginning of the story: The guy were already well known for his powerfulnes but the girl were just a new gypsy girl whose act consist on sword dancing. Facinated by the dance of the girl, the guy invite her to serve in his manor as a waitress, but without his knowledge, the guy had been protected by a lot of danger towards his life through the girl's sword fighting skill, and a bit of magic.

And to make it complicated I then read a romance novel book and that adding a bit of complication on the story since I then got an idea of unobvious love intrests

I then get the idea that I don't want to let the powerful guy be the the girl consort, their relationship will always be king and lionheart, not king and queen, for then I brought a new hero to the story--who appears almost in the middle/not the beginning of it. And I'll make the guy more interesting and mysterious, also seems to appear as a villain instead of a hero.

I'll end up the story with the powerful guy becoming a ruler, then the girl leaving his side to go pursue another adventure with another guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PonderingOver

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Oooh wow talk about experience XD You must be a writer, right? Post some of your stories please Very Happy I'd love to read them XP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irenefaye

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:28 am

Id love to
Unfortunately all of my stories r written in bahasa indonesia--my mother tongue language so ill have to translate it first to english. 
*maybe i can stat with the short stories.  But itll be a while though... 

Although if ure that interested u could check the forst postof adventure rp in the old forum... Afterall i did write the pilot post... And start the rp hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoseTenTen

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:48 pm

i don't get many ideas unfortunately Razz but the ones I get are usually driven from scenes that I've already seen or read in movies, books etc

Irenefaye, the site needs more stories XD You should post something really Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birth of Game/Story/Ideas   

Back to top Go down

Birth of Game/Story/Ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1